TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - There isn't any fault code that's going to keep a car from
People Seeking Info

Subject There isn't any fault code that's going to keep a car from

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on November 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 1044 times.

In Reply To It's already been voted into FAQ, but..... posted by Woody75 (Denver) on November 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Message starting that won't immediately be generated. When you first start the car the ECU is in open loop mode. In open loop mode the ECU doesn't care what the fault codes are or what state the sensors are in except for the Injector Circuit, the Ignition Signal Circuit and the Crank Angle Sensor Circuit. If these are detected to be bad the ECU will generate a fault code immediately. The ECU does not need information from the other sensors in open loop mode to (attempt to) start the car. Once the car starts (or attempts to start) and the ECU attempts to go into closed loop mode, the ECU starts reading the sensors and instantly generates a fault code if it sees something is wrong.

I see your opinion but IMO, I think if anyone is coming here to look at this write-up and do this mod they probably aren't taking their Z to a dealer to be worked on. Maybe I should have stated that this mod should only be for people who work on their own car? :)

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.